Dec 2

Aldi in Manassas, VA Open House and Grand Opening Plus $5/$30 Coupon Mailed out to Locals!

I got this post card in the mail yesterday…

It’s in print, and it’s official!  The newest Aldi grocery store in Northern Virginia will be located at 10294 Portsmouth Road, Manassas, VA 20109 and they have two special events in the upcoming week.

On Friday Dec. 4th from 11 AM – 4 PM there will be an Open House. You can stop by for a preview of the new Aldi store. According to the postcard: “Even though we’re not officially open, you can still sample some of our many delicious select brands. Plus, we’ll be giving away free gifts while supplies last.” **UPDATE: While supplies last you can get a free Aldi Eco-Friendly Bag (retail $1.99) and there are tons of free samples all over the store including water, juice, iced coffee, juice pouches, crackers, cheese, potato chips, trail mix, chocolate, chocolate eclairs, ice cream sandwiches and more!**

Um, free sample and free gifts? I’m there!

On Monday Dec. 7th at 9 AM is the store’s grand opening!

**UPDATE: I was told in the store that they will be open for business on Saturday Dec. 5th at 9:00 AM!**

Store hours will be Mon-Sat: 9 AM – 8 PM and Sun: 10 AM – 6 PM

If you live in the Manassas area, keep an eye out for a post card in the mail with a $5/$30 purchase coupon!

Holly's Savings December 2, 2009 at 2:20 pm

That is awesome! Wow a coupon at Aldi. I never knew they would ever create one!

Holly's Savings December 2, 2009 at 2:21 pm

My Mother-in-law went to one of the open events at the other aldi’s and she got the key rings to hold your Aldi quarter!

frugalfriends December 2, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Hi Holly,
Thanks for the comment!
How neat that one of the other Aldi’s open house event gave out free key rings to hold your Aldi quarter!
I actually already have one with a Euro-sized coin on it from my time studying abroad in Germany, and I found that it works on the grocery carts here in the US Aldis too!

Krista December 2, 2009 at 9:54 pm

I’ve never been to Aldi’s before. I may check out the open house on Friday after my son’s Gymnastic lessons.

BTW – have you seen the new “skyMart” in Manassas? I haven’t been, but I’m wondering what it’s all about. It is where the primero Mercado used to be.

frugalfriends December 3, 2009 at 11:49 am

Hi Krista,
You’ll have to try Aldi out! It’s not the fanciest of stores, but I like their prices, especially on items which I don’t normally get coupons.
I haven’t seen the new skyMart in Manassas, but you peaked my interest, so I’ll have to go check it out in the next month or so. I found this review on Yelp for it; it sounds like an international food/grocery store?