The Safeway grocery store in Fairfax Towne Center (located at 12200 Fairfax Towne Center, Fairfax, VA 22033) is having some more awesome re-grand opening sales particularly for their meat department! You can check out their special sales flyer here (valid from 1/13/10 – 1/19/10).
Some of the high lights include:
- Boneless Chicken Breasts for $1.69 per lb
- Frozen Chicken Breasts $9.99 for a 4-lb. bag BUT there is an in-ad coupon for a discounted price of $1.49 per lb. on these packages, with a limit of 2.
- Rancher’s Reserve Boneless Beef London Broil Steak for $1.69 per lb
- Fresh Pork Spareribs for $1.69 per lb
- Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast for $1.69 per lb
- Over 20 Super Coupons valid for only 7 days (these can be found in your weekly circular, and may be available near the front of the store as well). One coupon is for a FREE Signature Cafe Side Dish with the purchase of a Whole Roasted Chicken, 10 to 16-oz. Side, 32-oz. Chicken (limit 1 per transaction). Another coupon is for $0.99 Lucerne 18-ct. eggs.
- 20% Off All Meat Purchases (20% off your entire meat purchase. Limits include: With a minimum $30 total grocery purchase. Just swipe your Club Card and the savings will be deducted at the register automatically. A spectacular selection of frozen and fresh seafood is just the start! Choose from organic and natural poultry, lamb, pork or exclusive Rancher’s Reserve grain-fed, hand-selected, perfectly aged 100% U.S. Beef. Our meat and seafood experts will gladly cut, marinate and season your selection FREE of charge! See store for more details)
To give you an idea of the savings on meat here, my friend Danielle reported the following to me and told me I could share this with you readers:
I got 2 (4-lb.) bags of frozen chicken breasts and a little over 6 pounds of London Broil (altogether 14 pounds of meat) for around $17 total! With a $30 purchase, you get 20% off your entire meat purchase! This turns out really well with the super coupon for the frozen chicken breasts – they take 20% off the club card price of $9.99 (~$2.50 per lb) not the super coupon price of $5.96 ($1.49 per lb).
In other words for the 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts I paid:
2 x $5.96 (with in-ad coupon) = $11.92 – $4 (20% off of $19.98, the normal Safeway Club card price of $9.99 per bag/package) = $7.92 (or $0.99 per lb)
Wow! That is a SUPER MEAT DEAL! Thanks for the heads up Danielle!