Photo credit: Tony J. Case
National Doughnut Day is coming up tomorrow Friday, June 4th, 2010! Some of the big chains are offering a free doughnut or special promotion to celebrate:
- Dunkin Donuts: Free donut with any beverage purchase at participating stores. For more information, see their Facebook event page here. To find a location near you, click here. I recommend calling ahead of time to confirm participation.
- Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut, no purchase necessary. To find a participating location near you, click here. I recommend calling ahead of time to confirm participation.
- Donut Connection: Last year in select cities they offered a free donut with beverage purchase, but it appears that they are not offering that same promo this year. However there is a web coupon you can print off here to Get 2 Donuts FREE with a Jumbo Coffee Purchase. Coupon valid through 12/31/10 at participating locations only. To find a location near you, click here. Please note, I tried calling multiple locations listed on their website in VA and all the phone numbers were disconnected, but it appears there are still locations open in other states. Please call your local store to confirm participation.
- Fractured Prune: Free donut with any beverage purchase (does not include canned beverages) all day in honor of National Donut Day. To find a location near you, click here (locations are in DE, MD, OH & PA… they used to have No. VA. locations, but unfortunately they closed). Please call to confirm participation at your local store, since this promotion is not listed on their website, but was advertised as an event last year on Facebook for multiple locations. I confirmed over the phone that both the Silver Spring, MD & Rockville, MD locations are participating this year.
- Lamar Donuts: Free Ray’s original glazed donut, no purchase necessary. For more information, click here. To find a location near you, click here (only located in AL, AK, CO, KS, MO, NE – sadly no DC area shops). I recommend calling ahead of time to confirm participation.
Know of any others stores I’m missing or want to share your favorite Washington DC area doughnut shop? Leave a comment and let me know!