Jul 11

Giant Food Tripler Coupons Found in Washington Post!

UPDATE:  Make sure to scan each Giant Triple Coupon Voucher BEFORE you scan the applicable manufacturer coupon. I kind of got confused today in the self-checkout lane.

When I opened up my Sunday Edition Washington Post coupon pack (for Sun. 7/11/10) I found amongst the grocery store circulars a Giant flyer with five “triple your savings” coupons good to use with manufacturer coupons up to 99 cents from 7/11-7/15. Limit 5 triple coupons per customer or family, but no mention of a minimum purchase! (This is also been reported to have been found in the Baltimore Sun Sunday edition).

Check out Mrs. Money Saver’s Giant match-ups for 7/9-7/15 as well as the Redemption Unlimited Giant match-ups for 7/19-7/15 to find out how your triplers can match up well with current store deals and manufacturer coupons available for some free or cheap items. Some of the highlights appear to be Kix Cereal (select sizes free after printable coupon tripling), Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (select sizes $0.20 or $0.35 after coupon tripling), Ortega Seasoning Mixes (select packets 2 for $0.50 after coupon tripling), Tribe Hummus (select tubs for $0.50 after coupon tripling), Breyers YoCrunch Yogurt Cups (select varieties 4 for $0.90 after coupon tripling). Unfortunately, I’m in a rush this morning and will be out most of the day, but I’m sure you couponers who found the Tripler Coupons in the Post this morning can find some good deals. Please leave a comment with any great deals you find!

Pam H July 11, 2010 at 11:06 am

oooooooh THX! I am running out to go get a Post now!

frugalfriends July 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm

No problem Pam! Hope you got your Post today and hope you have a great money-saving trip to Giant with your triples!
Laura

Kate O. July 11, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I haven’t seen these yet – then again my husband usually pulls out the inserts for me.

We just went to Giant in Greenbriar who informed me they no longer accept internet printables more than $1 in value. I am so disappointed. It sounded like they decided to stop accepting them altogether a few weeks back. That someone had copied a ton of coupons for free products or something. Makes me upset that a few bad apples can ruin couponing for so many others. It seems a LOT of internet printables are $1 or more. Also, frustrating that Giant can’t figure out another way to enforce this without affecting people who use the appropriate amount of coupons. :( bummer!

frugalfriends July 11, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the comment. That is a bummer that the Giant in Fairfax that you mentioned just informed you that they no longer accept Internet Printable coupons exceeding $1 in value.
According to the Giant Food website FAQ’s their coupon policy is:
What is your coupon policy? Double coupon policy: We double the savings marked on manufacturers’ cents off coupons up to $.99. Any coupon $1.00 and over will be redeemed at face value. In cases where the double coupon total exceeds the value of the item, the offer is limited to the retail price. Lottery tickets, cigarettes, tax and items prohibited by law are excluded.

Do you accept internet coupons?: We happily accept Internet coupons except in situations where manufacturers have alerted us to specific fraudulent coupons.

Thanks for the update on your store. Since their corporate coupon policy regarding IP’s doesn’t mention a $1 limit, I wonder if this is a new Giant policy across the board or if it is determined by each store.
Laura

Kate O. July 11, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Thanks Laura – it did sound like a decision the individual manager just recently made. Maybe they’ll get enough complaints that they’ll change their mind. I found the triplers! yay :)

Deb Riley July 12, 2010 at 7:37 am

I saw the post above and wanted wanted to drop a note to let you know that all Giant Food stores still accept internet coupons. Unfortunately, we have had an increased number of fraudulent coupons in the market place recently. I have contacted the manager of the Greenbriar Giant and he will make sure that all of his cashiers understand our policy. If you need any further assistance, please call Giant Consumer Affairs at 1-888-469-4426.

frugalfriends July 12, 2010 at 8:12 am

Thank you for the comment Deb (I see you are from Giant Food’s corporate headquarters in MD)!
I know all of us “couponers” appreciate the clarification from you regarding the Internet Printable Coupon Policy at Giant Food stores. We all know that those who use fraudulent coupons spoil things for the store, the manufacturer and for other couponers and that it will affect your coupon policy for the future.
At least one other grocery store chain (Shoppers Food & Pharmacy) in the area has a policy that they will not accept I.P. coupons over $1 due to the high number of fraudulent IP coupons they receive, so I wasn’t shocked to hear that the manager at the Giant in the Greenbriar Shopping Center said they would no longer be accept IP’s over $1. Ultimately, it is of course up to the discretion of the manager in each particular situation if they feel a coupon is fraudulent, and we understand that.
Thanks again for your assistance, and please let Giant know that us savvy shoppers love those Dollar Doublers we’ve seen in the circulars in the past and this week’s Triplers from the Washington Post!
Thanks,
Laura

amanda July 12, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I found a deal I haven’t seen posted at Giant this week when I went in to do my triple coupon savings.
Select Schick Quattro razors are buy one, get one free ($7.99 at the Giant in Gaithersburg). I bought two and used two coupons, 1 for $4.00 off Schick Quattro and 1 for $2.00 off Schick Quattro. If you had two of the $4.00 off coupons, they would both be free, but 2 packages for $2.00 seemed like a good deal to me!

frugalfriends July 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Thanks Amanda! I have those coupons from the 6/27/10 Smart Source. Sounds like an excellent deal (I’ll check my local store tomorrow to see if they have the same B1G1 sale); thanks for the tip!
Laura