Besides National Museum Day today and Public Lands Day, there are some other fun and free events in the DC metro area this weekend. Here’s a list of some of my favorites:
- 6th Annual National Museum Day. Sat. September 25th, 2010. Free admission (with printable internet “Museum Day Ticket”) to various Smithsonian museums, affiliates and featured museums across the nation.
- Public Lands Day. Sat. September 25th, 2010. Free admission to over 100 national parks that normally charge admission fees.
- WalkingTown DC & Biking Tour. Sat. September 25th & Sun. September 26th, 2010. More than 100 free guided walking tours and biking tours in our Nation’s Capital. Online registration required for some here.
- Dulles Day Plane Pull & Festival. Sat. September 25th, 2010 from 11 am – 4 pm. Free Admission and Parking! Live music. A Car Show, Aircraft Displays and Exhibitor Areas. A Kids’ Zone with free moon-bounces, obstacle course and fun activities. FREE activities include: Pilot a Remote Control Airplane on a real tarmac on airport grounds; Law Enforcement Displays including trucks, cars, motorcycles and mobile command units; NERV – Networked Emergency Response Vehicle on display by Cisco Systems; Explore the technology on the Cisco NOW Van sponsored by CWPS; Plant a pot at the MWAA Green Team booth near the Kid’s Zone; Get a good look at a variety of community safety equipment & airport service vehicles.
- Kids Fishing Day at Lake Cook. Sat. September 25th, 2010 from 9 am – 1 pm. Located at Lake Cook on Eisenhower Ave. in Alexandria, VA. Lunch & supplies provided by Kiwanis & Dept of Rec. Thanks AlexandriaVAMom!
- 10th Annual Prince William County Farm Tour. Sat. September 25th (10 am – 4 pm) and Sun. September 26th, 2010 (12 pm – 4 pm). Enjoy a weekend in the country experiencing modern farm life and the rich rural history of western Prince William County, VA. Twelve locations are open to the public with fun and educational activities for the whole family.
- Baby Bargains Celebration Event in Gaithersburg, MD. Sat. September 25th, 2010 from 10:30 am – 4 pm. Get a FREE signed copy ($17.95 value) of Baby Bargains book by Alan Fields at the Great Beginnings furniture store located in Gaithersburg, MD. Limit to first 400 copies free. There will also be $10,000 in prize giveaways, discounts (up to 30% off on Britax products) and 30 local vendors exhibiting. Here are two internet printable coupons for 20% off your total purchase at Great Beginnings valid Sat. 9/25/10 only.
- Glen Echo Park Then & Wow! Celebration in Glen Echo, MD. Sun. September 26th from 11 am – 5 pm. The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture presents THEN & WOW!, a special event celebrating the Park’s past and present, as well as marking the closing day of the historic Dentzel Carousel for its 90th season. The festival will feature bumper cars and kiddie rides, arcade games, and videos that tell the story of the Glen Echo Parks history. Admission to the park is free; some rides, including the carousel, require a ticket.