Thanks to everyone who filled out my poll a few weeks ago on what grocery store deals you’d like to see covered. Giant won by a landslide, and I’m happy to announce I’m going to attempt to deliver you the best Giant deals each Friday!
To give you an idea of how far back Giant and I go, growing up here in Northern Virginia, Giant was my family’s preferred grocery store and I remember joining my mom for many grocery shopping trips during my childhood.
Some memories from shopping there as a kid:
- Collecting the long grocery store receipts to turn in for the A+ program to help local schools get computers. Yea Crestwood owls!
- Loving their big yellow smiley face cookies in the bakery section and always begging my mom to buy me one.
- Being fascinated by their lobster tank in the seafood section.
- The tune of their old marketing jingle “That’s my Giant”
- My younger sister flipping herself out of the front grocery cart seat, miraculously without a scrape! (ah, remember the days before they put safety belts on the grocery cart children’s seat?)
In case you didn’t get a chance to read an old post of mine from almost two years ago… My 8th Grade Budget Project – for a good laugh, and to see some cut-outs from Giant’s circular back in 1995, read it, please!
I’m looking forward to sharing the best Giant deals as a new weekly feature and wanted to thank all you readers for your input and encouragement to add this store’s deals. I hope to post this week’s deals by this evening.
Do you have any fond memories from your years of shopping at Giant, either far in the past or recent?