Jul 15

Giant Deals 7/15/11-7/21/11

Here are some of the best Giant grocery store deals for the week of 7/15/11-7/21/11.

My favorites are Free Oral-B Advantage Toothbrush, Cheap Laundry Stain Remover, Cheap Bacon, & a great deal on Oscar Mayer Beef Franks!

Giant stores in the Washington, DC metro double manufacturer coupons up to $0.99 in face value everyday, with a limit of 4 identical coupons that can be doubled in one transaction. Giant will accept competitor’s coupons provided the customer has met the purchase requirements as stated on the face of the coupon.
* = coupon that should double everyday

Produce:

• Fresh Driscoll’s Strawberries 16 oz or Jersey Fresh Blueberries 1 pint – Buy 1, Get 1 Free
    Buy Driscoll’s Strawberries and use $0.50/1* Driscoll’s Internet Printable Coupon
    Final Price: unsure
  • Baby Carrots 1 lb or White Mushrooms (whole or sliced), 8 oz – $1.00
  • Fresh Northwest Cherries – $2.99/lb

Meat, Seafood & Poultry:

• Super G Boneless Chicken Breast, 3 lb or more – $1.99/lb
  • Beef Chuck Shoulder London Broil, 3 lb or more – $2.49/lb
  • Boneless Pork Sirloin Chops, 3 lb or more – $2.49/lb
  • Oscar Mayer Beef Franks or Oscar Mayer Selects Angus Beef Franks, Regular or Bun Length 16 oz, all varieties 14-16 oz – Buy 1, Get 1 Free
    Plus Catalina Deal good through 8/7/11:

Final Price: $3.49 each wyb 2

Other groceries:

• Pepsi, Coca-Cola or Canada Dry 6-pack – $2.20
  • Late July Organic Tortilla Chips, 5.5 oz – $2.00
    Use $1.00/1 Internet Printable Coupon
    Final Price: $1.00
  • General Mills Cereals (Cheerios 8.9 oz, MultiGrain Cheerios 9 oz, Honey Nut Cheerios 12.25 oz, Trix 10.7 oz, Cookie Crisp 11.25 oz, Lucky Charms 11.5 oz, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch 12.8 oz) – 3/$5.00 (Must buy 5. Additional or lesser quantities at $2.49 each)
    Use $0.75/1* Cookie Crisp Internet Printable Coupon or $0.50/1* Honey Nut Cheerios Internet Printable Coupon or $1.00/2 Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Trix, Cookie Crisp or Lucky Charms from 7/10/11 Smart Source insert or other various GM coupons
    Final Price: $0.16-$1.66 each wyb 3

Use $0.75/1* from 6/26/11 Smart Source insert
    Final Price: $0.50
  • Oral-B Advantage or Stages Toothbrush, 1 ct – $2.00
    Buy Advantage toothbrush and use $2.00/1 from 7/3/11 P&G insert
    Final Price: FREE
  • Colgate Toothpaste, 8.2 oz – $1.77
    Use $1.00/1 from 6/26/11 Smart Source insert (expires 7/16/11)
    Final Price: $0.77

Know of any additional great match-ups or deals at Giant this week worth mentioning? Please leave a comment and share!
Coupons.com

Ana July 15, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Resolve coupon beeps, the coding on the coupon does not match any product.
Is it OK to use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale at Giant?

Laura July 16, 2011 at 10:54 am

Thanks for sharing Ana! When I looked at the coupon, I believe the verbiage was for any Resolve product, so even if it beeps I would ask your cashier or customer service to help push it through – I wouldn’t think they would give you any problems since the coupon reads that it is for “any Resolve product” (if memory serves me correct), but it does take the extra step of getting an employee to override.
In my experience you can’t use a BOGO coupon combined with a BOGO sale at Giant. I know other stores you can do this, but I have never had success doing that at Giant. A few months ago I tried to clarify their coupon policy in regards to BOGO, and their marketing folks got back to me that you cannot redeem a BOGO coupon with a BOGO sale, thus netting the two items for free. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Gina July 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I used four of the BOGO Schick coupons on the BOGO Schick Razors, and the store manager (the higher-up one, not an Asst) was my cashier. She said, “Wow, that’ s a good deal.” The coupons scanned and she didn’t say anything about it.

All the Resolve coupons beeped but she just hit the override button.
Gina recently posted..Free $5 Credit for Amazon Video on DemandMy Profile

Laura July 16, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Thanks Gina! I’ve had some frustration with the consistency in Giant’s policy across different stores in the area. Thanks for letting me know that it has worked for you and been approved by the manager. I’ll have to contact my Giant contact again to see if I can get clarity on that again.

Gina July 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm

YES–there’s a deal in the ad where you get a 24pk of Coke products for FREE when you buy one of a selection of $25 gift cards. I picked up one for a place we’re headed this weekend and got free soda.
Gina recently posted..Free $5 Credit for Amazon Video on DemandMy Profile

Laura July 16, 2011 at 10:57 am

Thank you Gina!!
I’m not sure how I missed something that big…I was doing the match-ups on Thursday night on my laptop while here at the Savvy Blogging Summit and I was pretty tired, so thanks for catching that and sharing.

Kris July 20, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Has anyone had trouble getting Giant to accept competitor coupons? Every time I try and use them, they won’t scan, and the checker won’t override. I’ve called customer service and they said it is because a coupon for $1 off hefty bags issued by Target is not a qualifying competitor coupon. The person I spoke to said that if the coupon says, spend $50 get a free turkey, they would accept that as a competitor coupon. I don’t want to create drama at my local store and so I’m not bothering to try and use competitor coupons any more. It is too frustrating.