Image courtesy of www.arlingtonva.us
Today the weather forecast is over 100 degrees…it’s going to be a scorcher! On hot summer days like this, the kids and I enjoy one of two things:
- staying inside and enjoying the air conditioning…. or
- splashing around at the pool or spraygrounds!
If you are tired of being cooped up inside, I wanted to share these fun blog posts from other local moms sharing which DC-area spraygrounds are the best (and free!):
- Kendra, aka “The Meanest Momma” has a great list and reviews of playgrounds in Arlington, VA including this awesome list of spray grounds. Drew Park, Hayes Park & Lyon Village.
- Karrie, aka “Nova Mommy” shares a post about the Fairfax Corner Fountain in Fairfax, VA
- Kris, aka “Artful Mom DC” has a neat post about her trip to the Resonance water fountain at Columbia Heights Plaza in DC
- Jessica, aka “A Parent in Silver Spring” has a great article she wrote for the Washington Post’s Going Out Guide which features a compilation of different spraygrounds in the area including: Good Hope Sprayground in Silver Spring MD & Turtle Park in DC
- Betsy, aka “Mommy for the Win” has a list of her favorite sprinkler parks here in the DC area
What are your favorite summer-time activities to cool down here in the DC metro? Please leave a comment and share!