*CONTEST CLOSED. Congrats to Jessica To for being randomly selected as the winner!* I admit: I am NOT a morning person, but breakfast/brunch is my favorite meal of the day. Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved “Breakfast for Dinner” and had an affinity for french toast and crepes. I have a passion for pancakes… and constant craving for coffee! My childhood keepsake/journal chronicling my favorite things each year as I was growing up, has “IHOP” listed as my favorite restaurant in 12th grade… I’m not kidding!
And since I’m a breakfast fan, I’m happy to share that IHOP has some delicious new pancakes/offerings on their menu:
- Red Velvet: Rich, chocolaty red velvet pancakes, drizzled with cream cheese icing, a dusting of powdered sugar and crowned with whipped topping.
- Sweet Strawberry: Fluffy famous buttermilk pancakes crowned with cool strawberries in glaze, drizzled with cream cheese icing and crowned with whipped topping.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes With Bananas: Wholesome and lightly sweet fluffy whole wheat pancakes topped with fresh sliced bananas.
My family and I dined at the International House of Pancakes this weekend and enjoyed sampling the new menu. My favorite was the whole wheat pancakes with sliced bananas on top. Delicious! Another fresh fruit favorite amongst my family was the Sweet Strawberry pancake. I have to admit, I was also surprised by how good the Red Velvet pancakes were; for some reason I was expecting way-to-sweet-tastes-like-a-cupcake, but it turned out to be a good pancake and not over-powering in sweetness.
Actually, my son dove right into the Red Velvet pancakes (and stuck his finger in the whipped cream topping) before I could even snap a picture of the dish…and my daughter dove right into the butter (yes, we’re learning table manners….slowly)
These new pancakes are winners in my book! Which is why I’m excited to offer the following giveaway to 1 lucky Beltway Bargain Mom reader:
Win $50-worth of IHOP Gift Cards!
This contest is open through Sunday, August 19th, 2012. You have up to five ways to enter and must leave a separate comment on this blog post for each valid entry:
- Leave a comment here on this blog post, letting me know you want to win!
- Optional entry: “Like” BeltwayBargainMom.com on Facebook and IHOP on Facebook. (you must leave a comment letting me know you “liked” on Facebook).
- Optional entry: “Like” or Share this Facebook post from your personal FB account. (you must leave a comment letting me know you shared or liked on Facebook).
- Optional entry: Follow @BeltwayBargain and @IHOP on Twitter (you must leave a comment letting me know you follow on Twitter).
- Optional entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Here’s an example tweet:
“Passion for Pancakes? Win a $50 @IHOP gift card! Enter by Sun 8/19 via @BeltwayBargain http://bit.ly/Se41tX”
(you must leave a separate comment letting me know you follow on Twitter and provide the time stamp/link to your tweet).
This contest is open to US residents. Limit 1 type of entry per person, with a maximum of 5 entries per person. I will randomly select one winner on Monday, August 20th & the winner will be contacted via email. Winner has 2 days to claim prize via email before another winner is selected. The prize is provided directly by IHOP and will be mailed out to the winner.
Good luck & go satisfy your pancake passion at IHOP!
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by IHOP. I was also provided a gift card to perform this review. The opinions shared in this post are my own, and I love to share great deals, local events and giveaways for my readers! To read my formal disclosure policy, please click here.