Photo credit: Tony J. Case
Today, Friday June 5, 2015, is National Doughnut Day! From big chains to small mom & pop shops, you can find free doughnuts or special promotions to celebrate:
- District Doughnut: Get a free Vanilla Bean Glazed Doughnut, when you make a $1 donation to the Semper Fi Fund in their doughnut shop. For more information, click here. District Doughnut is located on Capitol Hill at 749 8th St SE, Washington DC 20003.
- Duck Donuts: Free donut with any beverage purchase on June 5, 2015. The new Herndon, VA store is apparently participating! For more information, check out their Facebook page.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Free donut with any beverage purchase at participating US stores. For more information, see this press release. To find a location near you, click here.
- GBD Chicken & Donuts: Twitter contest for chance to win a dozen donuts. Simply tag @GBDChixNDonuts & @OrderAhead before 2PM on Twitter & tell them why your office deserves to win a free dozen donuts. Must be located in the District of Columbia to be eligible. Deliveries will be made between 2-5 PM on Friday, June 5, 2015. For more info, click here.
- Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut at participating Krispy Kreme stores, no purchase necessary. Limit 1 per person. For more information, click here. To find a location near you, click here. I recommend calling ahead of time to confirm participation. They have locations in DC, Alexandria VA, Fredericksburg VA, & Rockville MD.
- Fractured Prune: Select locations are offering free donut hole samples or a free OC Sand Donut in honor of National Donut Day. For more info, click here. They have locations in Frederick, Owings Mill, Towson and Parkville, MD. To find a location near you, click here (locations are in DE, MD, OH & PA). Please call to confirm participation at your local store, I was not able to get a hold of any of the stores to confirm).
- Harris Teeter – Discounted deal of 6 glazed donuts for $1.99. For more info, check out their Facebook page. *Thanks to reader Lisa, for sharing!
- Krumpe’s Do-Nut Shop: Located in Hagerstown, MD, you can get a free glazed donut on Friday, June 5, 2015 during the evening (7pm and later), no purchase necessary. Store hours are 7:00 pm – 2:00 am, address is 912 Maryland Ave, Hagerstown, MD 21740 (located in alley, near rear). For more info, click here.
- Sheetz – If you have a Sheetz loyalty card, you should have a free donut offer loaded to your registered MySheetz card. Good while supplies last. For more info, click here. *Thanks to reader Lisa, for sharing!
- Shoppers Food: Get 2 Colossal Donuts for just $1. Valid at participating Shoppers Food stores. For more info, click here. To find a Shoppers grocery store near you, click here.
- Sugar Shack Donuts: Free donut, when you bring a piece of paper with a good deed you’ve done, or will do. Valid at the Alexandria, VA location only (804 N Henry St, Alexandria, VA 22314). For more information, check out their Facebook page.
- Tim Hortons: Free Donut with any purchase, with this coupon. Valid only on June 5, 2015. Unfortunately they do not have restaurants here in the DC area, but do have a location in Norfolk, VA at the Naval Station and a variety of stores in 10 states across the Northeast & Midwest. To find a location near you, click here.
- Zombie Coffee: Receive a free donut on June 5, 2015 when you say “It’s National Donut Day” in the store! For more info, check out their Twitter account @ZombieCoffeeDC.
Know of any others stores I’m missing or want to share your favorite Washington DC area doughnut shop? Leave a comment and share! Happy National Donut Day!