Jun 13

*GONE*$0.49 Sunday Washington Post Subscription Summer Sale

One of our local sources for coupons is the Washington Post Sunday edition. Right now the Washington Post has a summer sale for their Sunday edition. Only $0.49 per week for Sunday home-delivery when you sign-up and pre-pay for 26 weeks. That equals 76% off the normal Sunday-only newsstand rate, and is the best sale offer I’ve seen lately!

To sign up go to https://www.wpsubscribe.com/summersale3/ and you can enter your zip code and then fill out your information. Or call 1-800-955-1197, etx. 3. Offer expires 7/31/2010.

At the end of the 26-week period they do automatically re-sign you up at the newsstand price, so be sure to mark your calendar to call in and renegotiate your price right before the end of the 6-months.

Kim C June 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Got it! They called us a couple days ago because we recently canceled. I ordered 2 copies of the Sunday paper, such a great deal :)

frugalfriends June 13, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Glad you got it Kim!
My $0.59 Post Sunday subscription (that I ordered back in Dec. 2009) is about to run up, so I’m hoping to be able to renew at the discounted rate or negotiate it at a lower price. I’m not good at negotiating, and I know the verbiage on some of the sales states that they are for “new customers” or folks who have not had at-home delivery for at least 30 days, so I may just have to cancel and then re-sign up. That’s great to hear that they called you to see if you wanted to re-sign up. That makes me hopeful that I can negotiate a renewal at the $0.49 rate. Love my coupons!

Holly June 15, 2010 at 8:48 am

Hi Laura,

How are you doing? Hope all is well! Would love to catch up some time.

When I called Washington Post a couple months ago (thanks to your support Laura!) I just said I wanted to “canceled” and they immediately made me an offer to stay at a “$1.00″ each Sunday. I said I would prefer the “$.59″ a Sunday and the rep. put me on hold and said that would be fine and then I asked if I could have that for a year, and again she said yes!

So don’t worry about “negotiating” just ask. If they say “No” then cancel and call back later.

ttyl
Holly

Nicole July 27, 2010 at 4:50 pm

You can also sign up for the Savings Now edition of the Washington Post for free. I know it at least includes the RP insert (I signed up but haven’t received one yet).

Caroline August 3, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I’m a few days late to the game (just moved), but they still gave it to me and are sending me a $10 prepaid Visa card since I set up for autopay, which I can call and cancel at any time. Thanks for the heads up!

frugalfriends August 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Thanks for sharing Caroline! I’m glad you got to take advantage of the deal even a few days after 7/31. That’s great that you got the $10 Visa Card too. Just make sure to mark your calendar for the end of the 26 weeks (actually a little bit before) so that you will remember to call in and renegotiate your Sunday subscription renewal rate. I had one friend who was auto-renewed at full price much to her dismay.