My family and I had the chance to experience ICE! at the Gaylord National yesterday night for “Shrek The Halls.” We had a blast and I’m excited that 1 Beltway Bargain Mom reader will get to win a family 4-pack of tickets to enjoy ICE too!
So what’s in store for those who attend ICE! Shrek the Halls at the Gaylord National? Lot’s of fun, breath-taking, colorful ice sculptures, 20-foot-tall slides, your favorite Dreamworks characters and the chance to see the artistry and product of dozens of artists and ice sculptors from Harbin, China. It’s carved from 2 million pounds of ice, and the whole process takes about a month to transform the refrigerated 15,000 square-foot tent right next to the Gaylord Hotel, into the final spectacle. It’s a part of the Christmas on the Potomac 5th year celebration at National Harbor and it is quite a fun and festive event!
Beltway Bargain Mom Tips to making the most of your visit to ICE!:
- Go during non-peak hours. That way you can avoid large crowds and the price for admission will be less.
- Dress Warm. It is only nine degrees in the ICE! area so I bring my scarf, gloves and hat. The Gaylord National does provide a blue, outer coat for all guests to wear, but I still suggest you wear your own coat underneath that, because it is extremely cold inside!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Boots or sneakers are great, and ladies who show up wearing high heels are not permitted to go down the slides.
- Plan the potty breaks. There are nice portable restrooms (heated with sinks and full-running water) located just outside of the ICE! Pavilion, in the parking lot. Be sure to use the restroom before entering ICE! as there are no restrooms inside and once you exit the refrigerated tent area, you are not allowed to re-enter the attraction (this is to avoid overcrowding).
- No Strollers allowed. Last year strollers were allowed (and we brought ours in for my then 1-year old daughter), but this year I saw many signs prohibiting use of a stroller.
Ways to save money on your ICE admission:
- Visit my post which has all the details: Gaylord ICE Discounts 2012.
And now for the fun part! One lucky Beltway Bargain Mom reader will win a family 4-pack of tickets to enjoy free admission to ICE!
Giveaway Prize: 4 tickets for your family to attend ICE! at the Gaylord National in National Harbor, MD. Valid Mondays-Fridays only. Excludes: Saturdays, Sundays or other blackout dates set by the National Gaylord. This giveaway ends 12/13/12 11:59pm ET and you have up to 6 ways to enter. Just enter via the Rafflecopter form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The giveaway prize has been supplied by the Gaylord National. I was provided complimentary tickets for my family and I to attend ICE as well as the Gingy Gingerbread Decorating and Dreamworks Characters Meet & Greet. The opinions shared in this post are my own, and I love to share great deals, local events and giveaways for my readers! To read my formal disclosure policy, please click here.