Gas prices got you grumpy? I’m sure you’ve seen it in the news and experienced it at the pump: Gas prices are increasing, and as a savvy shopper, I’m always looking for ways to save at the pump.
That’s why I’m so excited to share the new Fuel Rewards Program that just launched here in the Washington DC metropolitan area at participating Shell stations!
The new Fuel Rewards Network program, aka FRN™, empowers consumers to lower their fuel prices significantly with everyday purchases. Never pay full price at the pump again!
The FRN program offers multiple ways to earn rewards through everyday purchases of things like food, clothing and household goods which can be redeemed for fuel savings at participating Shell stations.
DC area consumers to save with the Fuel Rewards Network program, from the following purchases:
- Online Mall – Access nearly 700 brand name online merchants offering 5 cents per gallon for every $50 you spend. Some merchants may offer 2x, 5x, 10x rewards or more – so you can multiply your savings!
- Dining – Earn 10 cents per gallon for every $50 you spend when you dine at more than 10,000 participating restaurant locations nationwide.
The program is unique because it allows consumers to combine or stack multiple rewards offers – or cents-per-gallon discounts – together for potentially huge savings right at the pump. That means you can get one, two, three dollars or more off per gallon on your next fuel purchase!
The program is FREE – just pick up a Fuel Rewards Network Card at a participating Shell station, then activate it online at fuelrewards.com or via the Fuel Rewards Network iPhone or Android Apps to start earning rewards to save at the pump. Consumers can also request a Fuel Rewards Network Card online at fuelrewards.com.
Here is how you can earn rewards: Consumers can earn 5 cents per gallon in rewards for every $50 spent through the online mall – and sometimes much more, depending on the retailer. Consumers can also link a regular payment card to their FRN card so that rewards register when they use that payment card to pay at participating local restaurants. Here is an example of how a consumer might take advantage of the program to save:
- Buy your child’s next pair of gym sneakers online for $50 at NikeShop.com, and earn a 15 cents per gallon savings
- Purchase back to school clothes online at GapKids.com and Kohls.com and earn a 15 cents per gallon savings
- Take your family out for dinner at the Macaroni Grill and spend $50, and you’ll earn 10 cents per gallon
This adds up to a savings of 40 cents per gallon – without doing anything different from your daily routine.
And now for the fun giveaway….
I’m thrilled to offer a giveaway to help you kick-start your savings at the pump! 4 lucky Beltway Bargain Mom readers will each win:
1 FRN card pre-loaded with $2.50 per gallon savings (good for up to 20 gallons on a one-time use).
This contest is open through Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 at 11:59pm ET. You have up to five ways to enter and must leave a separate comment on this blog post for each valid entry:
- Leave a comment here on this blog post, letting me know you want to win!
- Optional entry: “Like” BeltwayBargainMom.com on Facebook and Fuel Rewards Network on Facebook. (you must leave a comment letting me know you “liked” on Facebook).
- Optional entry: Share this Facebook post from your personal FB account and post on your wall. (you must leave a comment letting me know you shared on Facebook).
- Optional entry: Follow @BeltwayBargain and @FuelRewards on Twitter (you must leave a comment letting me know you follow on Twitter).
- Optional entry: Tweet about this giveaway. Here’s an example tweet:
“DC Gas prices got you grumpy? Win @FuelRewards pre-loaded $2.50/gallon off card! Enter by Sun 9/23 on @BeltwayBargain http://bit.ly/QyvElW”
(you must leave a separate comment letting me know you follow on Twitter and provide the time stamp/link to your tweet).
This contest is open to US residents. Limit 1 type of entry per person, with a maximum of 5 entries per person. I will randomly select one winner on Monday, September 24th & the winner will be contacted via email. Winners will have 2 days to claim prize via email before another winner is selected. The prize will be mailed out to the 4 winners.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by the Fuel Rewards Network. I was provided a Fuel Rewards Network pre-loaded card in return for this blog post/giveaway. Affiliate/referral links may be included in this post. The opinions shared in this post are my own, and I love to share great deals, local events and giveaways for my readers! To read my formal disclosure policy, please click here.